Evans City Residence
November 13, 2021
Evans City, PA
The old mill town of Evans City, roughly 45 minutes north of Pittsburgh, PA, still holds an old charm and welcoming feel along its Main Street. The main drag is encapsulated by storefronts and old homes are now used as apartment buildings. Since its peak as a mining town, Evans City has gone through numerous changes from its industry to its residents. Once the mills began to move out of the area, some residents moved along with them. Others who stayed began to slowly transform the town into a more business-friendly and welcoming town. Since then, residents have come and gone but now a new, younger generation has begun to move into the area bringing with them fresh ideas, businesses, and personalities.
Over time there have been countless stories of death and tragedy throughout the town, particularly associated with the railroad and the old train station hub. However, this building was not directly associated with any of these stories nor have there been any tragic incidents recorded or even spoken about on the property.
In this apartment located along Main Street, the current residents are a couple, Rachel and Jesse. They have lived here for almost a year but beginning this past July, they began to notice some strange occurrences throughout their apartment. They have reported the feeling of someone watching them from across the room and a genuine feeling of fear. They have noticed, out of their peripheral version, a tall dark shadow-like figure standing at the threshold of the living room. As they would approach this area, another dark spot would be seen moving in the hallway. In time, the technology has been seemingly tapped into as Jesse’s laptop would turn on and play videos sporadically even though it was locked and asleep. Their true fear, aside from the obvious, is that they had something following them from a previous apartment complex that was also deemed to be haunted. Check out our investigation of Rachel’s previous apartment in Cranberry Twp, PA here:
Before our investigation, we learned that Jesse (for personal reasons) did not want to stay and participate, so Rachel’s sister-in-law, Kara decided to join and keep Rachel company for the evening. After we arrived and received a walkthrough, Rachel volunteered to give us an introduction and quick recap of some of the paranormal experiences which had been taking place during her time in the apartment.
We proceeded to set up stationary cameras and some of our motion-activated devices around the apartment. The investigation began roughly around 8:00 PM and lasted until about 11:30 PM. We managed to use almost all of our equipment here which included a few new tools like the simplicity of bells and light up cat balls and the overall haul included: two K2 meters, one SB7 Spirit Box, one Phasma Box, one digital EMF reader, one stationary video camera, one mobile video camera, one Ovilus, two recorders, one Rempod, one FLIR thermal image camera, and one SLS camera. We had a few additional items at our disposal which we ultimately did not use like the laser grid pen, light-up balloons, and a mini Boo Bear.
The majority of the activity we captured and could not debunk was voice communication throughout the Bedroom and the Mannequin Room. We also recorded both Ovilus activity and Pendulum activity in both these areas. Both the FLIR thermal camera and the SLS camera captured a few oddities in the Bedroom. While our basic still photographs did not capture anything inside during our investigation, we did manage to possibly capture a very odd entity on the exterior photographs; particularly one story below the apartment. As we circled the building taking exterior photographs, we spotted this anomaly inside the quilt shop. We attempted to recreate this and debunk it, but to no avail we were unable to pursue this lead as the quilt shop was closed and we have been unable to reach them.
Based upon our evidence and personal experiences inside the apartment, we feel that there was a more dominant presence overshadowing the majority of the apartment. Not to say that it was harmful, but it did tend to have a more negative feel to it. However, it also felt that there was another protective and more positive spirit present which would typically chase away the negativity all based upon the energy we brought into the area as well as the conversation and emotional levels we were experiencing at that given time. During our time in the apartment, we also felt that there was the possibility of a family or at least a hierarchy of spirits including that very protective spirit, and possibly the darker negative spirit. After we saged and gave boundaries, the apartment seemed to feel lighter and more positive. We hope that this will last but it does seem as though the couple has been feeling this energy change ever since our visit. In each room, pendulum activity confirmed the negative, heavy feeling at the beginning of our sessions by rotating counter-clockwise. After our equipment and responses hinted towards a protective energy, pendulum movement switched to a clockwise motion.
Below are our recordings, videos, and pictures from our investigation of the Private Residence in Evans City. We marked the locations where we believe that we received some form of communication or unnatural noises. After you listen and watch the evidence, feel free to give us your thoughts and opinions.
As always, you have been warned, some of this is not for the faint of heart and can be slightly explicit:
In this clip, Rachel sat down with us and gave us her first hand account of her personal experiences while living in the apartment.
In the back corner of the apartment and down the hallway, is a simple room furnished with a bed, end tables, and a TV stand. The room is beautifully decorated with the likes of old legends and lore like skulls and dream catchers, however, one piece of the decor that immediately caught our attention was an old painting on canvas that Rachel purchased at a local garage sale. This piece depicts a black and white image of two low-hanging trees; one in the foreground and one in the background, which could be interpreted as the old tales of “hanging trees.”
Here, where the residents should feel the most comfortable and relaxed, has been one of the areas where they have felt and witnessed dark figures moving about in the hallway. There is the odd sensation of being watched as they’re laying in bed but an even darker feeling of not wanting to enter the dark hallway as if someone is standing there featured by a dark shadow.
We both began and ended our investigation here. At first, we just recorded a simple and uneventful EVP. After we were pulled out of this area toward the Mannequin Room and Living Room but returned later in the night for another chance to communicate, and thanks to some of our devices, it did not disappoint. Our Ovilus provided us with some greetings like “Hello” and the pendulum was pushed to give us answers to yes/no questions and give us an insight into the type of energy in the room and more importantly the apartment. The flashlight turned on and off as we discussed the energy feeling lighter and as if the negative energy lifted as if confirming this, and the SLS camera picked up not only one tall figure but two. One figure seemed to be in the room while the other was in the hallway. As we commanded the negative energy to leave and the positive energy and light spirit to help protect the apartment, the figure in the hallway simply disappeared. As we videotaped some of the communication and pendulum movement, a light passed by the pendulum as it swung side to side then seemingly pushed it in a clockwise, circular motion.
- During our second time in this area, we captured what appeared to be a figure seen through our SLS camera.
- This occurred once more but on the opposite side of the room as if moving toward the pendulum.
- We have attached a screen capture of a moment when a light passed by the pendulum, seemingly moving the pendulum.
Recording 1 – EVP:
- There was nothing in particular captured here, but toward the end, Dan felt cold and almost pulled into the Hallway (then to the Mannequin Room).
Recording 2 – EVP (Transcription) :
- This section will read more as a transaction as there was no verbal communication, but notable times of physical activity including: flashlights, pendulums, and overall experiences.
- Prior to us beginning this recording, the light up cat ball was seen moving and lighting up.
- At about :18, after we introduced ourselves, the word “Disturb” was produced on the Ovilus as if we were disrupting them.
- The Ovilus once again produced words at 3:19 after we asked if we could speak with the negative energy: “Release” and “Leader.”
- As if we were pushing them too far, we caught “Guess” and “Fight” at 3:48.
- We greeted them with a ‘Hello’ and captured “Linger” on the Ovilus at 5:24.
- At this point, we began utilizing the pendulum and almost immediately captured a response. We simply asked if there was anyone with us and if they could give us a sign by moving the pendulum in any direction. At 7:27, it moved in a circular, counter clockwise motion. The counter clockwise motion is typically seen as produced by negative energies.
- We asked if they could move it harder than it was previously moving, and at 8:00, it stopped completely then swung again.
- At 8:20, the pendulum paused, unprompted.
- We asked if they would like to, and be interested in answering some questions/could they move the pendulum in one specific direction. At 9:10, it moved front to back, paused, then moved front to back once again at 9:30.
- After we asked if they could move it once more, the pendulum began to move side to side this time at 10:05. It moved this way once again at 10:45 after we asked if they understood that this motion was to signify a “Yes” answer.
- A light was seen moving in front of Dan at 11:38 right before the pendulum began to move in a counterclockwise motion at 11:40 as if this light played a part in the physical motion.
- We asked if there was a positive energy active that could help protect the couple living in the apartment, and at 13:55, the pendulum swung in a clockwise motion, notating a positive energy. Just then, at 14:01, the flashlight turned on then off seemingly adding to this answer.
- Right after this activity, we asked if they’d prefer to use other devices to help answer questions, and at 15:20, the pendulum swung side to side in a “Yes” response.
- As we discussed that it feels better in this room, the flashlight turned on at 16:05 just as we noticed a figure standing in the SLS camera in front of the light at 16:20.
- As Kara felt a heavy sadness, a second figure appeared in the SLS camera out in the Hallway at 16:50 as if this was the reason for this emotion.
- The Ovilus then activated once again with “Total” at 17:05 and “Unlock” at 18:44.
- We then asked if they were negative energy if they would leave. At 18:49, as if telling us that they were more of a positive energy, the Ovilus produced “Am not.”
- Once more, the Ovilus showed us “Interest” at 19:17 as if someone was watching us with their own interests, just as that second figure from the Hallway once again appeared on the SLS camera at 19:53, disappeared, then formed once more at 20:20.
- Following that moment, at 20:38, the pendulum began swinging side to side as if notating they were present.
- After we asked if the positive energy could move the pendulum, preferably clockwise, to let us know that they will help push out the negativity. At 21:58, the pendulum swung clockwise.
- We repeated this, asking if they would protect Rachel and Jesse and help them live in peace, and at 22:28, the pendulum began moving in a negative, counterclockwise motion.
- Just then, the flashlight jumped on and the figure was once again spotted in the SLS camera right around 22:47.
- As Kara and Rachel discussed the door to the bathroom giving them an uneasy feeling, the sound of the doorknob turning occurred at 23:14 followed by the SLS showing that figure appearing in the Hallway again at 23:30 as if showing who attempted to turn the doorknob.
- The Ovilus continued to produce data: “Haunting” at 23:38, “Chart” and “History” at 23:50, “Surprise” at 24:09, and “Physic” at 24:30. As these words were being produced, we discussed the combination and realized that Rachel owned and read a ‘Communication with Spirits’ book inside the room that possibly tied all of these together.
- The flashlight jumped on once more at 24:47 followed by the pendulum swinging at 25:48 only to increase this clockwise motion at 26:10.
- As the pendulum swung harder and harder, a figure was spotted via the SLS camera behind Dan, who was holding the pendulum, at 26:20 and stuck around for over a minute and left at 27:48.
- This figure returned to the SLS camera at 28:04 just as the flashlight turned on at 28:50.
- As we discussed the feeling of the Hallway slightly changing, the flashlight drew brighter at 30:20 followed almost directly by a figure inside the room on the SLS camera at 30:30.
- After the flashlight turned off, it jumped back to life at 30:49 and the K2 meter flickered at 30:52 then again at 31:30.
- Just as Dan felt a cold sensation around 31:55, the flashlight jumped back on at 32:15.
- At 32:20, the K2 lit up bright at 32:20 followed by the Ovilus producing “Dash” at 33:10 as if they were leaving.
- Following this energy change, we opted to sage the apartment.
Stationary Video 1:
- There was nothing to note here.
Handheld Video 1:
- The word “Disturb” was shown on the Ovilus at 3:16.
- After we asked to speak with the more negative spirit, the words “Release” and “Leader” were produced via the Ovilus at 6:17.
- Once more, the Ovilus came in handy giving us “Guess” and “Fight” at 6:46.
Handheld Video 2:
- We greeted them and captured “Linger” on the Ovilus at :18.
- Then, we began using the pendulum and immediately captured a response. We asked if there was anyone with us and if they could move the pendulum in any direction. At 2:21, it moved in a counterclockwise motion which is typically perceived as negative energy.
- We asked if they could move it harder, and at 2:54, it stopped then swung again.
- At 3:14, the pendulum stopped.
- We asked if they would be interested in answering some questions. If so, could they move the pendulum in one direction. At 4:04, it moved front to back, paused, then moved front to back again at 4:24.
- After we asked if they could move it again, the pendulum moved side to side at 4:59. It moved this way again at 5:39 after we asked if they understood this motion signified a “Yes” answer.
- A light was seen moving in front of Dan at 6:32 before the pendulum began moving counterclockwise at 6:34 as if this light played a part in the physical motion.
- We asked if the positive energy could help protect the couple and the apartment, and at 8:49, the pendulum swung clockwise, notating a positive energy. At 8:55, the flashlight turned on then off adding to this answer.
- After this activity, we asked if they’d prefer other devices to answer questions, and at 10:14, the pendulum swung side to side in a “Yes” response.
- We discussed that it felt better in the room and the flashlight turned on at 10:59 as we noticed a figure in the SLS camera by the light at 11:14.
- Kara felt a sadness, and a second figure appeared in the SLS camera in the Hallway at 11:44 as if this was the reason for this emotion.
- The Ovilus activated with “Total” at 11:59 and “Unlock” at 13:38.
- We asked if the negative energy would leave. At 13:43, as if telling us that they were not negative, the Ovilus produced “Am not.”
- The Ovilus showed “Interest” at 14:11 as if someone was watching us with their own interests, just as the second figure appeared again in the Hallway on the SLS camera at 14:47, disappeared, then formed again at 15:14.
- At 15:32, the pendulum swung side to side as if noting that they were present.
- After we asked if the positive energy could move the pendulum, clockwise, to let us know that they will help push out the negativity at 16:52, the pendulum swung clockwise.
- We asked if they would protect Rachel and Jesse and help them live in peace, and at 17:22, the pendulum began moving in a negative, counterclockwise motion.
- The flashlight turned on and the figure was again spotted in the SLS camera at 17:41.
- Kara and Rachel discussed the door to the bathroom giving them uneasy feelings, the sound of the doorknob turning occurred at 18:08 followed by the SLS showing a figure again in the Hallway at 18:24 as if showing who turned the doorknob.
- The Ovilus produced more data: “Haunting” at 18:32, “Chart” and “History” at 18:44, “Surprise” at 19:03, and “Physic” at 19:24. Meanwhile, we discussed this combination and realized Rachel owned a ‘Communication with Spirits’ book that possibly tied these together.
- The flashlight jumped on again at 19:41 then the pendulum swung at 20:42 then increased this motion at 21:04.
- As the pendulum swung harder, a figure was spotted in the SLS camera behind Dan, who was holding the pendulum, at 21:14 and stuck around for over a minute and left at 22:42.
- This figure returned to the SLS camera at 22:58 as the flashlight turned on at 23:44.
- We discussed the feeling of the Hallway changing and the flashlight grew brighter at 25:14 followed by a figure inside the room on the SLS camera at 25:24.
- Once the flashlight turned off, it jumped back on at 25:43 and the K2 meter flickered at 25:46 and again at 26:24.
- As Dan felt cold at 26:49, the flashlight turned back on at 27:09.
- At 27:14, the K2 meter lit up and at 28:04 the Ovilus produced “Dash.”
- Following this energy change, we opted to sage the apartment.
- This is a shorter clip of the pendulum moving just as the light passed in front of it.
Across the Hallway from the Bedroom, a craft-type room we aptly named the Mannequin Room thanks to an odd decoration of a mannequin overlooking the room from the far corner wearing a hockey (Jason-esque) mask. This room holds even more skulls and skeleton diagrams than the Bedroom and a plethora of crystals as well as collectibles and other personal items stored. There was never much reported from this room, but as we were drawn into this room, it did seem to hold a strange energy and the thought is that this may be where the energy is stored and disappears from time to time.
During our investigation, we began with some simple EVP’s and did receive plenty of Spirit Light and K2 activity, but we do believe that we debunked this by electrical lines and internet lines running directly below the subfloor as the apartment was clearly reconstructed from an older building and even resides directly over storefronts. After we moved some of the items up off the floors, we seemed to still get hits, just not as consistent. We also recorded some communication thanks to our Spirit Box and told us what we believe is a name with us with a clear “Billy.” Fascinating enough, the lights and K2 meters would flash and seemingly communicate every time Derrick left the area. Each time he returned, all activity seemed to cease. After utilizing the Phasma Box (once Derrick left), we captured what sounded like intelligent communication including us being told that “We are here” and laughing as we did. We were even asked what some of our jokes meant but then emotions conveyed to us quite clearly with phrases of “I’m so happy” and “Sad.” Dan’s name was also heard as we discussed names but also recorded a name of “Jonathon” preceding the question of “My name?” By the time we began to pack up to move on, we heard an appropriate question of “They leave?” and an odd phrase of “They’re not looking at us” as if our attention had shifted which we then actually recorded the word of “Attention” right before we opted to take a break.
- There was nothing to note here.
Recorder 1 – EVP (This occurred prior to us moving the devices off the floor, debunked as false readings):
- Before we managed to start the recorder, the Spirit Light jumped on.
- We explained that we brought some items to help them to speak to us. At 1:20, the Spirit Light turned on.
- After asking if they’d like to tell us anything, the Spirit Light once again turned on at 1:25.
- We explained that the light would not hurt them, and at 1:50, the Spirit Light turned on.
- The Spirit Light once again turned on at 3:06 after we asked them to turn the light on if the answer was a “Yes.”
- From 3:24 until the end of this recording (around 3:35), the Spirit Light and K2 meters jumped on and off at 2-3 second intervals.
Recorder 2 – EVP:
- At :05, the Ovilus produced “Dan” and “Chain” at :12 as Dan held the pendulum.
Recorder 3 – EVP:
- Just as Derrick stepped out of the room, the Ovilus showed “Inside” at :02.
- “Solstice” was shown on the Ovilus at :12 as Rachel explained that the energies began around July (Summer Solstice).
- At :20, the flashlight jumped on just as the word “Easy” was produced on the Ovilus at :33.
- As we explained that we’re at a loss for all the constant activity, the word “Puzzled” was depicted on the Ovilus at :52.
- Rachel explained that she hears footsteps out in the Hallway and feels as though she’s constantly being watched, and at :54, the words “Creak” and “Stare” were shown on the Ovilus, confirming these feelings.
Recorder 4 – EVP:
- As Derrick stood in the doorway, the word “Threshold” was given on the Ovilus at :02.
- After we moved the Ovilus (and let it settle), the Spirit Light jumped on twice; at :19 and :29.
- We mentioned that they have our attention now, and once more, the Spirit Light flashed at :32.
Recorder 5 – EVP:
- Right around the beginning of this clip, all activity had stopped.
- At about 1:15, the Spirit Light flickered for nearly 20 seconds.
- We attempted to interrupt them and asked if someone was trying to tell us something. At 1:47, the Spirit Light turned on then off and repeated this at 2:10.
- At 2:52, both the Spirit Light and the K2 meter jumped on then off.
- The Spirit Light jumped on and off three more times at 3:03, 3:25, and 3:58 all while we discussed what storefronts were below us and if they could turn the light on even brighter (which they did).
Recorder 6 – Spirit Box:
- As we booted up the Spirit Box, we asked if they could talk into the light, and we could understand them but at :11 we heard “Billy” as if giving us a name.
Recorder 7 – Spirit Box:
- After we asked if they preferred to speak with us a different way, the Spirit Light jumped on at :27.
- We explained that they can take energy from batteries and the Spirit Light again turned on at 2:03.
- For nearly two minutes, from 2:15 to 4:15, the Spirit Light jumped on and off.
- As Derrick returned to the room, all activity mysteriously ceased around that 4:15 mark.
- Dan held the pendulum, and at about 5:05, it spun in a counterclockwise motion.
- The pendulum stopped moving then began to sway side to side at about 5:35.
- We discussed how we should change gears and switch from the Spirit Box to the pendulum, and to confirm this, at 6:01 the Ovilus produced “Change.”
Recorder 8 – EVP (Pendulum Transcription):
- This was another recording where it was simply better to transcribe the pendulum and the answers we received here, including the flashlight and Spirit Light activity, so once more, this will read more as a transcription of the events that occurred here.
- We asked if they could move the pendulum in any direction, and at :36, the pendulum circled counterclockwise.
- The Spirit Light flickered from 1:00-1:20 completely unprompted.
- As we attempted to debunk the Spirit Light activity, we noticed a location where it went off continuously in the threshold of the Hallway and this can be heard at 1:35.
- At about 2:01, the K2 meter spiked and turned off but repeated this at 2:30 and stayed on.
- As Derrick returned, the K2 meter turned off at about 2:55.
- Once he stepped back out, Derrick worked his way into the Living Room and can be heard remarking about a strange noise he heard in that room at about 4:35.
- He stayed in the room and at 6:35, the Ovilus produced “Alone” as if commenting on him being by himself.
- The K2 meter jumped at about 6:57 then Dan felt a heavy pressure on his chest at about 7:50.
- As Dan gathered himself, we explained that they do not have permission to manipulate us, and the K2 meter spiked at about 8:50.
- We asked if there was anyone with us, and at 9:00, the Ovilus again showed “Alone” and then “Religion.”
- The K2 meter followed and jumped on at about 9:10 just as the Spirit Light turned on out in the Living Room where Derrick sat.
- Around 10:15, Dan felt a sharp headache.
- As Derrick returned to the room, the activity stopped once more at about 12:00.
- While the group sat and concentrated, the pendulum began swinging counterclockwise around 14:30 then sped up at 15:00.
- Oddly enough, the pendulum stopped and spun in the opposite direction at about 16:15.
- At 17:20, the pendulum began to pick up speed once again.
- Around 18:15, the group discusses that the air felt lighter.
- The group attempted to debunk the K2 meter activity and placed it in a different location but it once again spiked at about 20:00.
- “Home,” “Us,” and “Religion” (again) were all unprompted but produced by the Ovilus at 20:48.
- After some silence, the K2 meters dropped and the electronic meters all shut off around 23:40.
- As we stare at a picture taken earlier in the night, we attempt to debunk some of the light activity noting the electrical hookup is right outside the room. At about 26:10, the Ovilus produced “Here” and “Blind” as if noting that someone was with us and we could not see or feel them anymore.
- The word “Bar” is then shown on the Ovilus at 27:40 then “Maybe” at 28:00 as we discussed that there is a bar nearby.
Recorder 9 – Phasma Box:
- The phrase of “We are here” was captured at :11 after we asked if there was a spirit with us here that has been seen peering in from the Hallway.
Recorder 10 – Phasma Box:
- After we were pathing the SLS camera and asked Rachel to lift her arms, we all laughed as she wasn’t sure when to lower them. At about :07, laughter could be heard as if someone was laughing with us.
Recorder 11 – Phasma Box:
- An odd couple of phrases, both thankful, were heard starting with “Rachel, thanks for the blanket” at :01 then “By the way, thank you” at :20.
Recorder 12 – Phasma Box:
- After we discussed an inside joke, we captured an intelligent question of “What does that mean?” at :09.
Recorder 13 – Phasma Box:
- As if someone were expressing their displeasure, and possibly their past life, we heard “He loves me” at :05 then “Disrespect” at :08.
- We discussed what this could possibly mean and laughed afterward, we heard an irritated voice command “Shut the f*** up” at :46.
Recorder 14 – Phasma Box:
- We pushed for their name and heard the phrase repeated to us of “My name” at :05.
- After we repeated this question, as if confirming this, we heard “Jonathon” at :29.
- Dan felt goosebumps just as we heard his name at :46.
- Once we discussed that they didn’t let Derrick, we asked the direct question of ‘Why don’t you like him?’ and heard a response of “Disrespect” at :53.
Recorder 15 – Phasma Box:
- As the K2 meter jumps next to Kara, we heard the phrase “Next to me” at :11.
- We asked if they were next to Kara and recorded “Yes, it is me” at :20.
- After we asked if they could tell us who was sitting next to Kara we seemingly captured the name “Delila” at :39.
Recorder 16 – Phasma Box:
- Once the K2 meter spiked once more, we asked if they moved back next to Kara, and at :05, we heard “Yup” as if confirming this.
- A relaxed voice was heard stating “I’m so happy” at 1:14 just as the room began to feel lighter.
Recorder 17 – Phasma Box:
- We caught some voices asking “Are you sad?” at :07 then an odd phrase of “I’m pure” at :29.
Recorder 18 – Phasma Box:
- After we discussed that we feel that there are a few spirits here, we captured a command of “Wait” at :17.
- We talked about the Ovilus producing the word ‘Us’ earlier and we then heard “I said it, sorry” at :27 as if apologizing for confusing us.
- The number “Three” was recorded at :29 as a follow up possibly confirming the amount of spirits in the apartment.
Recorder 19 – Phasma Box:
- An odd type of greeting telling us to “Say hi to me” was captured at :03.
Recorder 20 – Phasma Box:
- As we were packing up ready to move on, we heard a question of “Did they leave” at :04.
- While we turned our attention away from them, we heard “They’re not looking at us” at :08 followed by “Attention” at :25 as if noting that we were done paying attention to them.
Handheld Camera 1:
- After we asked if they did not want to speak to us on their own but they can use other devices, the Spirit Light jumped on around :12.
- We explained that there’s no reason for them to hide from us, at 1:29, the Spirit Light turned on again.
- The Spirit Light flashed on and off multiple times, unprompted, at 1:42, 1:45, 1:47, and 1:49.
- At 4:04, the Ovilus produced “Dan” and “Chain” at 4:11 as Dan held the pendulum.
- As Derrick stepped out of the room, the Ovilus showed “Inside” at 5:26 then “Solstice” at 5:36 as Rachel explained that the energies began in July (Summer Solstice).
- At 5:44, the flashlight jumped on as the word “Easy” was produced on the Ovilus at 5:57.
- We explained that we’re at a loss for all the activity. The word “Puzzled” appeared on the Ovilus at 6:16.
- Rachel explained that she hears footsteps in the Hallway and feels that she’s being watched, and at 6:18, “Creak” and “Stare” were shown on the Ovilus.
- As Derrick stood in the doorway, the word “Threshold” was given on the Ovilus at 6:46.
- We moved the Ovilus and the Spirit Light jumped on twice; at 7:03 and 7:13.
- We mentioned that they have our attention, and the Spirit Light flashed at 7:16.
- All activity had stopped around 9:54 then around 11:04, the Spirit Light flickered for nearly 20 seconds.
- We interrupted and asked if someone was trying to tell us something and at 11:36, the Spirit Light turned on then off and repeated this at 11:59.
- At 12:41, the Spirit Light and the K2 meter turned on and off.
- The Spirit Light jumped three times at 12:52, 13:14, and 13:47 while we discussed what stores were below us and if they could turn the light on even brighter.
Handheld Camera 2:
- As we turned on the Spirit Box, we explained that we could understand them if they spoke into the light but, instead, at :51 we heard “Billy” as if giving us a name.
- We asked if they preferred to speak with us in a different way, the Spirit Light jumped on at 1:37 then we explained that they can take energy from batteries and the Spirit Light again turned on at 3:13.
- For two minutes, from 3:25 to 5:25, the Spirit Light jumped on and off, then as Derrick returned to the room, all activity mysteriously ceased around that 5:25 mark.
- As Dan held the pendulum, at about 6:15, it spun in a counterclockwise motion then stopped and began once more swaying side to side at about 6:45.
- We discussed changing gears and focusing on the pendulum. Seemingly confirming this, at 7:11 the Ovilus produced “Change.”
Handheld Camera 3:
- We asked if they could move the pendulum in any direction, and at :38, the pendulum circled counterclockwise then the Spirit Light flickered from 1:02-1:22 unprompted.
- As we attempted to debunk the Spirit Light activity, we noticed a location where it went off constantly in the Hallway and this can be heard at 1:37.
- At 2:03, the K2 meter spiked and turned off and this repeated at 2:32 but stayed on.
- After Derrick returned, the K2 meter turned off at 2:57.
- Once Derrick left toward the Living Room he can be heard remarking about a strange noise he heard there at 4:37.
- He stayed in the Living Room and at 6:37, the Ovilus produced “Alone” as if referring to him being on his own.
- The K2 meter jumped at 6:59 as Dan felt a pressure on his chest at 7:52.
- We explained that they do not have permission to manipulate us, and the K2 meter spiked at 8:52.
- We asked if anyone was with us. At 9:02, the Ovilus showed “Alone” and “Religion.”
- The K2 meter jumped on at 9:12 as the Spirit Light turned on in the Living Room.
- Around 10:17, Dan felt a headache come on.
- Derrick returned to the room and the activity stopped at 12:02.
- While the group sat quiet and concentrated, the pendulum swung counterclockwise at 14:32 and sped up at about 15:02.
- The pendulum stopped and spun in the opposite direction at 16:17.
- At 17:22, the pendulum picked up speed again.
- Around 18:17, the group discussed that the air felt lighter and attempted to debunk the K2 meter activity so they placed it in a different location but it spiked at about 20:02.
- “Home,” “Us,” and “Religion” were all unprompted and produced by the Ovilus at 20:50.
- The K2 meters stopped and the electronic meters shut off around 23:42.
- We stared at a picture taken earlier in the night, we attempted to debunk some of the light activity based on the electrical hookup outside the room. At 26:12, the Ovilus produced “Here” and “Blind” as if someone was with us but we could not see or feel them.
- The word “Bar” is then shown on the Ovilus at 27:42 and “Maybe” at 28:02 as we discussed the bar nearby.
- The phrase “We are here” was heard at 31:56 after we asked if there was a spirit with us that had been seen in the Hallway.
- As we pathed the SLS camera and asked Rachel to lift her arms, we laughed as she was unsure when to lower them. At 32:17, laughter was heard like someone was laughing with us.
- An odd couple of phrases were then captured: “Rachel, thanks for the blanket” at 32:35 and “By the way, thank you” at 32:55.
- We discussed an inside joke and captured a question of “What does that mean?” at 34:14.
Located directly off the entry Foyer area, the Living Room is situated with couches, a TV on a stand, an Ottoman, and decorated in pop culture memorabilia. This is where Rachel and Jesse typically spend most of their time as well as their guests when they have company.
While sitting on the couch, facing the TV, the couple spotted a dark entity out of their peripheral vision standing in the entryway into the room from the Foyer. This dark shadow seems to just stand and watch from afar, but the feeling is that he/she may snap at any moment.
Here, we set up a stationary camera, but did not spend too much time here actually investigating. After Derrick was unwanted in the Mannequin Room, he spent some time here by himself with some EVP sessions. His absence was heard previously and some strange noises were heard here but were unable to be debunked. Some creaking noises as if footsteps and heavy breathing sounds were captured here, but the purpose or communication seemed to not be able to be heard by the human ear and was not even heard during the groups’ time here, only on the recorder after the fact.
- There was nothing out of the ordinary captured in photographs here.
Recorder 1 – EVP:
- After we asked if there was anyone here, we heard a heavy breathing sound around :13.
Recorder 2 – EVP:
- This same breathing noise was heard at :04 unprompted.
Recorder 3 – EVP:
- We asked if the tall figure who had been seen standing in the doorway if they could show themselves, there was a third heavy breath heard at :17.
Recorder 4 – EVP:
- As the group reconnected, the Ovilus produced the word “Details” at :03.
- Derrick mentioned that he wasn’t wanted in the back room, and at :47, the Ovilus showed “Calm” and “Cold.”
- After some silence a creak, possibly a footstep, was heard by the TV stand around 2:26.
- Referencing the Ovilus comment, we asked if the quiet out here was too calm for them, then the Ovilus began to show a few different words we tried to piece together: “Nation” at 3:40, “Judge” at 3:47, “Band” at 3:58, “Foul” at 4:27, “Garden” and “Chest” at 4:37, “Ida” at 4:48, “Terms” at 4:56, and “Cause” at 5:17. After some quick research, we were able to pull together some information here that a Butler County judge named Ida had died just in 2020 but aside from that, we can’t be sure why this would be brought up or discussed.
- However, we did proceed with this and asked if Ida was with us and captured “Power” at 6:09, “Percent” at 6:13, and “Black” at 6:18 all on the Ovilus.
- As Dan walked back in the room, the word “Little” was produced on the Ovilus at 6:43.
- We prepared to move back to the Bedroom to complete our night and heard “Soon” at 7:06 stemming from the Ovilus, but oddly enough, the word was not physically recorded.
Video 1 – Static:
- The group moved away from the Living Room back down the Hallway, but around 4:40 there were footsteps heard followed by another single step at about 7:04.
Video 2 – Static:
- There were a pair of shuffling sounds heard at 2:26 then again at 8:25.
- Footsteps were then captured at 9:00.
Video 3 – Static:
- An odd clicking noise like a was heard coming from the TV stand at about 7:40.
Video 4 – Static:
- More of these strange clicks were captured at 7:15 followed by steps and shuffling at 9:21 and 9:30.
Video 5 – Static:
- There was nothing abnormal captured here.
Video 6 – Static:
- A pair of shuffling sounds could be heard at :38 and :54.
- An odd combination of a knocking then some more shuffling was captured at 1:03.
- There were two more knocks heard at 6:17 then again at 8:16.
Video 7 – Static:
- The timeframe that Derrick pursued his EVP session could be heard here but no breathing sounds oddly enough.
Video 8 – Static:
- There was nothing abnormal heard or seen here.
After we reviewed and analyzed the evidence we captured from our paranormal investigation at the private residence in Evans City, we have come to the conclusion that the claims of the apartment experiencing unexplained activity are validated and that there has been gathered, tangible evidence of the second-floor living quarters to be holding a collection of paranormal energy and anomalies. We do believe that during our time spent in the apartment, we communicated with intelligent energies, possibly up to three. Based on our personal experiences combined with our physical evidence in the form of photographs, FLIR thermal images, videos, and recordings, we can conclude that we gathered enough evidence to claim that there is otherworldly and ethereal energy residing in this home.
It’s not entirely certain as to who would have returned to the apartment, but our experience and evidence help lend a hand to some of the features of the hauntings rather than the identity. We believe there are at least two, possibly three entities attached to the apartment or the couple. The reasoning as to why is unknown but something from the apartments’ decoration may have opened a door or been attached with some type of entity while there is the possibility that Rachel has opened herself up lending a hand at bringing in energies (even dating back to the former Cranberry Township apartment) that have given these spirits the ability to communicate and make themselves known. We do believe that these entities are on opposite ends of the energy spectrum, i.e. positive and negative. We do believe by giving boundaries, persuading the positive energy to help protect, and saging the apartment that we have (at least temporarily) sent the negative energy away or at least force them to keep their distance.
The Bedroom managed to give us differing feelings, beginning with a darker, negative sensation which eventually seemed to give way into lighter, positive energy. The energies seemed to show themselves thanks to the flashlight and SLS camera, even showing two figures making way to only one figure eventually as the positivity seemed to win out. The pendulum also provided us with a decent amount of communication which seemed to show the two energies battling back and forth for control. As we were heavily persuaded into the Mannequin Room, there was an ample amount of pendulum activity here as well as simply to show us that we were not alone. The verbal communication through our Phasma Box and Spirit Box were both the most heavily predominant in this location as we captured the names “Billy” and “Jonathon” here as well as a plethora of other random intelligent communication commenting on our inside jokes and even laughing along with us. However, as the investigation drew on and we began to tire out and wrap up, we heard what sounded like these spirits getting restless as we were asked if we left yet and realized that we stopped paying attention to them. The Living Room was the final spot where we recorded a few anomalies but the most off-putting was the heavy breaths that came through simple EVP recordings. Inside these breaths, it sounded as if we were told to “Go” and “Leave.”
We firmly believe that that was enough between the four of us in the apartment to the evidence captured that shows that there are multiple energies, with different charges, drawn to the apartment and the couple. These positive and negative intelligent energies can manipulate multiple kinds of devices and tools to communicate with us and the residents and they do not seem to be confined to any singular area inside the apartment. Unfortunately, there could be numerous theories behind these energies and the reasons they seem to be drawn to both the area and the residents, we do believe that the negative energy has been set to abide by a specific boundary and that the saging of the apartment will help both bring the positive energy more power over the negative energy but also help to diminish that negative energy to the point it must find a new location to dwell or at least to be held in a dormant state where it cannot interact with, or worse yet, harm the residents in the apartment in any way, shape, or form.
As our investigations turn from locations that advertise their hauntings to locations where we are asked to provide people with support and help them get answers to strange occurrences in their homes, we have been feeling a greater sense of fulfillment and purpose to our work. We never want people to feel like they are alone in their journeys towards getting answers to things that are unseen.
We cannot thank Rachel and Jesse enough for feeling comfortable enough to invite us into their home, allow us to conduct an investigation, and provide a positive energy boost through saging and “cleansing” their apartment. While we do hope the positive energy remains the dominant vibe, but we are also always available to continue to provide our assistance if needed. We will stay in touch with the couple and ensure the darkness doesn’t return. If it does, we are at the ready. You’re not alone in this fight!