Gettysburg Bed and Breakfast (Undisclosed Location)
April 2, 2022
Approximately six miles south of the historic Gettysburg National Military Park, this quaint bed and breakfast is situated on the border of Pennsylvania and Maryland. This location holds such a rich history that dates far before the well-known battle that this owner holds it in such high esteem and regard that she admirably wants its location and name withheld from any paranormal accounts due to her shared love for the property and its history. Her only hope is that guests and visitors will share this love for the property rather than anything paranormal. However, with its history and natural beauty to the land, mixed with the high energy and tragic emotion linked to the bloody and high death counts associated with the Civil War, there can be no doubt that some remnants of the past have been left throughout the land and the fabulously constructed brick building.
The building itself was built in 1743 for the John McKinley family and preceded the mapping of the area, even the renowned Mason Dixon Line (which was followed by nearly twenty years). Between an increase in wars and western expansion, the building began to take in an increased number of guests and weary travelers. The property even changed ownership in 1793 to William Stewart. Stewart was an Englishman and brought with him a certain amount of wealth which allowed for an expansion including a full second floor and a new roof. He also added to the already existing farmland to increase the production for an area that desperately needed it at the time. The family-owned two slaves, Frank and Rachel, who were both purchased young and essentially grew up on the farm.
The family of William Stewart lived in this house for the remainder of their lives. During these years, the family and property saw a slew of tragedies and misfortunes. Near the end of the Civil War, when the family was forced to allow their slaves freedom, they started to foster children. The unfortunate and tragic side of this was the way the foster care headmistress treated these children’s misdeeds. If a child would step out of line, the mistress of the house was extremely strict as it was and this showed the numerous amounts that were said to attempt to flee. The punishments would range from waterboarding to the morbid punishment of nailing their ear to the floorboard of the exterior shed, leaving them to the elements for some time. This inhumane act of sheer evil and cruelty was brought to the justice system after a young boy died from exposure and starvation. With her excessive money coming from a wealthy family, which also led to a certain level of power within the community, she was let go as she managed to pay off the court system. Rumor claims that the townspeople had enough of these actions and attempted to hunt her down. Unfortunately, she had already fled the town so the crowd strung up a dummy, which resembled her, from the church’s tree.
Before these prior evil doings, Mrs. Stewart lost her baby and then her sister. To make losing an infant worse, her child was said to suffer through a severe case of the flu and was buried on the property. Her sister, only known as Aunt Sally, died of unknown causes. The odd cause of her death was only the start of the family’s troubles during this time. As her body was laid out peacefully in her house awaiting the undertaker, a severe storm flooded the nearby river forcing her body to be unattended for numerous days until the undertaker could pass safely through the area.
Following these lude and cruel acts, the Stewart family left the house to rot as they fled the area. Finally, in 1975, the Waybright family purchased the near decrepit structure and overgrown property specifically for the land. The family began reconstruction and rehabilitation of the old house after the matron of the family, Mary, fell in love with the historic building. By 1991, the long-term reconstruction was complete and a couple of Paul and Mary could move in along with their son David. Unfortunately, Paul passed away only four years after they moved in and Mary lived out her life in the house until 2007.
Before Mary’s death, she made her daughter-in-law, Bea, promise to keep up with the building and share it with the world. Only a year later, in 2008, Bea opened its doors to the public by opening a bed and breakfast which still is in operation to this day and a long time to come. Unknown to us before our arrival and investigation, Bea lost her husband in only February of this year and is still recovering from her grief. We were lucky and gracious enough of her to let us into the bed and breakfast, even though this date was so close to her loss.
Even though a tremendous amount of energy would have seemingly been left over here from tragedy, death, and despair, the claims of paranormal and otherworldly activity have been said to be more positive and light-hearted. Relating directly to the current owner, Bea, her mother-in-law, Mary, gently told her that she would remain in the house to protect both it and her. The initial feeling is that Mary may be here still fulfilling her promise to Bea. Bea has explained that she feels like someone is following her on occasion and that she has been watched from a distance. One particular story that helps lend credence to this is that of Bea’s failed attempt at moving an old plate; one that was left there ever since her in-laws moved into the house. As she held the plate, her arm became extremely cold and her body froze as if in a stupor. Bea believed that this was a sign that her mother-in-law did not want the plate to be moved. It was replaced and remains in its location to this day. In addition to this experience relating to Mary, the aptly named Mary B Room after her mother-in-law has claims of restful and peaceful energy as if Mary’s light and welcoming spirit still plays host to their guests in her afterlife.
In addition to the seemingly welcoming intelligent spirit of Mary, those slaves of Frank and Rachel who were raised and died here (it’s said they were also buried here but the location is unrecorded and truly unknown) have been long rumored to be tied to possible residual hauntings. These hauntings consist of: doors and windows opening/closing, the unmistakable sounds of water running, the cliché phantom footsteps throughout the building, and even the incredible (though rarely heard) sounds of horses neighing as if being tended to in the afterlife. These tasks would have all been related to their daily routines and activities.
To add to some of these residual haunting notions, the first floor seems to lend more experiences toward this direction as well, even though they would not necessarily be tied to slaves of the house. On this floor, both down long stretching hallways and inside mirrors, faces and heads have been seen looking on longingly. On occasion, they simply stare at guests while at other times they move down the hallways as if taking a stroll. The most intriguing, albeit frightening, piece of information here is that it is only the head that is ever seen, never the body associated with it.
On the more sad and somber side, still not entirely negative, are the stories geared more toward the fostered children taken in by the Stewart family. Cries have been heard echoing out back where the gazebo once stood and photographs of young children have been taken looking into the building showing silhouettes and longing, youthful faces. These oddities have been pinpointed in not just one location but on both the first and second floors. A woman has been reported staring at guests in the middle of the night from the foot of their beds. These stories have also tied to the heavy breathing heard throughout the building although no one is nearby. Both of these accounts have been attributed to the former foster care owner and guests can indeed feel what those foster children felt at one point with her cold, dead eyes staring through them.
In the basement, where the slaves were once housed in makeshift rooms and remain mostly untouched showcasing the old stone foundation and dirt floor, an exorcism was reportedly performed here to attempt to get any negativity out of the building before the Waybrights moved in. This has been documented with a cross etched into the entrance doorway. It was seemingly successful as no negative energies have been reported here recently and Bea feels that any spirits left in the house do have good intentions, or do not even realize they have passed onto the afterlife. However, there still have been strange lights passing through this underground area and electrical issues have been reported here on an almost regular basis.
We managed to arrive an entire day ahead of time, to investigate a portion of the battlefield, and were able to investigate a small portion of the bed and breakfast that first evening. Early on in the day, our group met up with Bea as we got a brief tour and shared stories. Bea made us feel right at home as soon as we stepped foot through the door. The group got a feel for both the building and the sprawling grounds, we even ventured out for a search for the Mason Dixon Line Marker.
As we took advantage of our entire weekend in this area, we managed to get a breather after feeling out the bed and breakfast. We did spend some time on a further portion of the battlefield at the Almshouse Cemetery and did capture some intriguing evidence here but we also attempted to head to Sachs Covered Bridge with no luck as teenagers were scattered about the area. At the time we were all pretty annoyed by this but in the long run, it was a blessing in disguise as we headed back to the bed and breakfast with ample time to begin a small portion of the investigation.
Even before we headed out to the battlefield, we placed some equipment around the building, mainly focused on the Basement. We were lucky to review these and noticed some shadows moving about the room on two separate occasions. With that, we took this as a sign and began our investigation of the Basement, both in the open area and in the side room. We attempted to break up our equipment in both areas.
We started small in the side room which we nicknamed the Exorcist Room due to the stories of an exorcism occurring here and the still-sealed door with the cross. Our time here began with simple voice recorders and cameras but as we received responses we added to our arsenal pulling out the K2 meters, the Ovilus, and the Spirit Light. We began roughly around 10:00 PM and, on this first evening, our time lasted until about 1:00 AM all spent in the Basement areas.
The experiences encountered in both areas varied from intelligent and distracting, to curious, to residual, including noises that stemmed above us and in the opposite room we currently investigated at that particular time.
We tackled the Exorcist Room first, as this location built a certain amount of intrigue and suspense with the painted cross still visible from the mid-1990s. At first, there was minimal interaction or even energy felt here – the fact that we piled nine people into that small space did not help. As the energy changed, we began to hear muffled speech and footsteps in the opposite room, eventually, we realized this was more of a deflection-type activity trying to draw us out of the room. We did capture some interesting noises toward the tail end of our communication here including a pair of deep breaths and, even though not captured on the recording, everyone heard some shuffling in the far side of the room. We ended here after witnessing some strong Spirit Light communication, but this all seemed to point more toward an act of just messing with us all.
From here, we moved out toward the main room where we had heard voices and footsteps earlier. These noises did not stop there though, at this point in time they began to move upstairs as we heard footsteps and loud knocks coming from above us. These knocks continued and we attempted to trace them down to no avail. As we were prepared to move along, the flashlights began to turn on, as if someone were curious. The activity ceased here after one of our group members was tapped on the shoulder twice and a loud, “Coo,” sound was heard.
That was the end of our first evening as we were tired from travel and the battlefield itself. We spent the night and next day gathering some of our stationary cameras we left running all night and noticed some shadows moving upstairs in the hallway but no further evidence from the Basement.
As we refocused and gathered ourselves the following night, we once again started with one of the darker, more disturbing areas of the property; the Gazebo. Our session here lasted quite some time from about 8:00 PM until 9:30 PM. As we dug deeper into the dark mystique of this location, the more we felt pushed and pulled in all directions, including out toward the barn and over the hillside. We recorded a plethora of relevant verbal communication. Our sensitives and medium felt strong ties to the past and the pain that was suffered. Eventually, after splitting our group in different directions and far from the Gazebo, there was a strong negative push back which sent our sensitives down a disturbed and painful path. We called the group back together to close out the session and retreat into the bed and breakfast.
After a cool-down period, we returned to the investigation and climbed the stairs to the second floor where we captured some light anomalies in our cameras. We spread out here but once again the nine people strewn about this floor may have been too much. There were footsteps and creaking noises below us as if to draw us out of this area, to which we eventually obliged and moved on.
We were originally going to head back to the Basement but we were pulled toward the front sitting room we nicknamed the Tea Room, as there was a tea set placed in the center of the room. Here, one of our most captivating and overwhelming experiences occurred. One in which none of us were truly prepared for but were all gratuitous and humbled to have witnessed. We utilized the ESTES method here but also were able to record the Spirit Box simultaneously as the speaker exclaimed aloud what they heard. There were too many oddities and circumstances during this session to simply record as coincidence. The phrase, “White Owl,” could be heard and the name, “David,” was repeated as well as references to the day that Bea met David and more phrases of, “Tell her,” and “Blue box.” After hearing the entirety of this conversation, analyzing both sequences of this communication verbally and through the Spirit Box, and feeling as though we were all deeply part of it, the entirety of our group could just feel the warm and welcoming presence as well as getting a true feel for the funny and loving person of David. Through this, we believe we experienced his love, compassion, and care for his wife and children.
Following this heartwarming experience preceded by some of the darkness outback, reviewing all of our evidence and experiences, and analyzing all of that information combined with past events, documents, and tales we can confidently state that this undisclosed location, just south of Gettysburg, PA holds an extraordinary amount of paranormal energy and acts as an eternal home for quite a few spirits, both intelligent and residual. With our recordings, still photographs, and videos (including stationary throughout both nights), we have been able to deduce that there is enough evidence to show that there is energy left behind once we pass on and that there is truly another side, one which can be loving and caring or torture and damnation.
Included here is every experience and piece of evidence we captured from our weekend-long paranormal investigation both inside and outside this undisclosed bed and breakfast. This does not include minimum or useless clips, recordings, or videos where there was no significant application. What is shown, however, are particular times when we captured some type of paranormal activity or unexplained phenomenon and our debunking attempt. Following each clip or image, we include a short explanation so this allows you to witness the piece of evidence first to gather your own opinion before we clarify our findings. We also include descriptions of our personal experiences, thoughts, opinions, and any physical manifestations that were not captured.
We’d be grateful if you share YOUR opinion and let us know what an outside viewpoint would be on this evidence. Once you glance through the photos, watch the videos, and listen to the recordings please send us an email or comment below on your take.
As always, you have been warned. Some of this is not for the faint of heart and can be slightly explicit:
Pre Investigation / Walkthrough
Before our trip, we had a very nice and unexpectedly long, but welcoming and enjoyable phone conversation with Bea. We were able to record mass amounts of factual dates and stories as well as other legends and lore of the property. After a nearly four-hour drive, we didn’t need much convincing to walk the property and explore the bed and breakfast before really getting settled in. We ran a little behind our estimated arrival time so unfortunately, Bea was not there as we first arrived. Being excited and anxious, we walked the property and felt out the rooms as she left the location open for us to explore in the meantime. As Bea arrived she told us some further stories and gave us a better feel for the house, its rooms, and the location of activity. We did feel energy shifts from the Basement up to the Second Floor Hallway but didn’t capture anything directly here. However as we ventured out and explored parts of the battlefield, the town, and naturally some food, we left the trail cameras running and set them to record upon motion activation. The Basement did not disappoint and we were able to review these between dinner and the start of the investigation. We found two separate movements captured on camera showing two completely different attributes both physical and in their movements.
- We attached the stills from these videos below where we spotted two shadowy figures moving across and into the doorway.
- Below is a picture Bea sent to us showing not just one shadowy figure appearing in the house but rather three!
- During some exploring and adventuring around the building, one of the guests, Emma, captured a beautiful photograph of the building. However, upon further review, there appeared to be a face peering out of the Dining area!
- There can be a shadow moving here in front of the door from the right side, disappearing inside the door, then almost peeking back out at 0:02. This occurred during the first day as we stepped out to investigate the battlefield.
- A black mass was spotted here as if moving away from the door or even up the staircase. This also occurred as we were away from the bed and breakfast.
Basement – Exorcist Room
This large, rectangular room is mainly used for storage and shows its limited access with its share of spider webs and a thick layer of dust. More than likely, in its long history, it’s almost always been used for storage; whether it be household items, farming items, or meat. Some stories tell of this area being one in which the foster children were punished, but those are truly undocumented and only stories for the most part. Early in the 1990s, a movie was filmed here which featured bodies being piled up following the war and covered a surviving man only to pass away due to suffocation and starvation in addition to his pre-existing wounds. The following day while shooting this scene, another scene of an exorcism was filmed here. Oddly enough, the crew hired a real priest from the nearby St. Mary’s Parish to perform a real exorcism to tell the story of an exorcism that occurred in another nearby home, but this bed and breakfast. Following this exorcism, a blue cross was sealed on the door and can be seen being painted on the door. However, the blue cross that is currently viewed on the door does NOT match up with the one which was painted on the door in the video. This leaves many questions unanswered and opens the mind even more. One of which continuously played in our minds was: What if there was an exorcism that occurred here and was simply covered up by a staged one? Most, if not all, exorcisms are documented within the church and this one, in particular, was not recorded. In the past, strange lights have been witnessed down here, appearing and disappearing on opposite ends of the room. Phantom footsteps have been heard echoing back and forth as if pacing. Overall, a darker feeling and colder sensations have been experienced over time.
During our time spent in this area, we felt more intelligent energies as we heard some exasperated sighs and activated some of our motion detecting devices. The energy changed throughout our time here and eventually, we felt as though they were toying with us here just because they could and even tried to convince us to leave the area as if, and surprise with nine people squished inside, they were being pushed to come out and overwhelmed with the number of people. These anxious feelings led to muffled speaking, phantom footsteps, and mobile knocking sounds. We are unsure of who remains in this room and their true intentions here. The only sensation we felt was as if they were trying to trick us to follow the noises and leave the area as if they did not want us encroaching on them or digging any deeper into some unknown truth here.
- We have attached a still photo of the moment the Spirit Light turned on and was captured in the stationary video.
Recording 1 – EVP:
- After we asked if there was anything to do to let us know that they were with us, we heard a noise as if muffled speaking in the Main Room at 0:12.
- We thanked them for this effort and heard a knocking from that same area around 0:24.
Recording 2 – EVP:
- That familiar muffled speaking was heard here at about 0:26.
Recording 3 – EVP:
- Heavy and disturbing breathing was heard first at 0:12 then almost exasperatedly repeated at 0:19.
Recording 4 – Spirit Light EVP:
- We attempted to have them utilize the Spirit Light for communication here but unfortunately, we didn’t seem to get any answers. Rather we felt as though we were being played with as the Spirit Light turned on at 0:06 followed by a knocking at 0:40.
- The Spirit Light jumped during this entire session, but it never seemed to correlate to any questions or attempted to use it to speak with us.
Video 1 – Stationary:
- We left a stationary camera here first during our time spent in this room, then while we ventured off to other locations.
- Starting when we were investigating this area, the Ovilus produced, “Shuttle,” and, “If,” at 4:07 followed by an odd noise in the Main Room at 6:59.
- At about 9:09, the muffled speaking could be heard, but the exact words could not be made out.
Video 2 – Stationary:
- During this timeframe, the heavy breathing was captured in the recorder but not here in this video.
- At 6:45, more unidentified, muffled talking was heard.
- Toward the end of this video, we could be heard reviewing the breathing in the recorder.
Video 3 – Stationary:
- As we discussed hearing voices in the Main Room, the Spirit Light jumped on as if to confirm this at 2:41 following a knocking coming from upstairs at 3:15.
- The Spirit Light could be seen jumping on starting at 3:28, then again at 3:24, and 3:40 until it flickered on and off from 4:27 until 4:45.
- At 5:05 another knock could be heard upstairs as if trying to pull us out of that room.
- After we tried to use the Spirit Light as a yes/no tool, we asked if they could step forward toward the light, and at 6:22, it jumped on.
- The Spirit Light stayed on for about ten seconds from 6:40-6:50 after we asked if they were African American.
Video 4 – Stationary:
- During this timeframe, the Spirit Light jumped on twice at 0:17 and 0:32.
Video 5-8 – Stationary:
- There was nothing abnormal seen in any of these clips so we left them off, however, if they are of interest, they are up on our YouTube page.
Video 9 – Stationary:
- There were a lot of creaking footsteps heard above this shot as we were sitting out in the Main Room. They began here from 6:50 until 7:00 with pacing footsteps.
- These occurrences continued and were recorded in groupings where footsteps could be heard from 7:23-7:28, 7:41-7:46, 8:07-8:17, 9:03-9:10, and a final pair of footsteps at 9:15.
Video 10 – Stationary:
- The phantom footsteps continued into this clip and occurred twice 0:17-0:24 and 0:40-0:50.
- At 3:49, the footsteps sounded as though they either moved into this very room or its motion itself transitioned into a more shuffling form.
- An odd and very quiet whistling was captured here at 4:34.
Video 11 – Stationary:
- There was nothing to note here, again, the video can be seen on our YouTube page.
Video 12 – Stationary:
- Those all too familiar footsteps were recorded once more from 0:20-0:32 followed by an odd sound as if a door opening or closing at 0:34 even though no one was coming or going.
- From 3:00-3:05, the footsteps were once again heard ending just as another knock was captured at 3:10.
- Similar to the earlier transition, the shuffling returned here at 3:12 and was heard until 3:18.
- There were two more pairs of footsteps here at 6:19 and 6:48.
Video 13 – Stationary:
- At about 1:16, a creaking noise could be heard here as if there was someone rocking back and forth above this location.
Video 14 – Stationary:
- A pair of knocking sounds could be heard at 0:08 and 0:33.
- Right around 5:52, a disturbing scream was captured.
Video 15-18 – Stationary:
- There was nothing recorded here that was relevant to the investigation, but we do have the videos posted to our YouTube page if there is any interest in reviewing.
Basement – Main Room
Toward the open area in this underground portion, there is a full setup of what would have looked like back when Rachel and Frank lived and served here. The area where the pens were constructed still shows the old construction but has long since been torn down. A simplistic table and some other tools which would have been essential for the family are strewn about the room. One of the more interesting pieces in the area is old clothes which were found in rafters during construction. The owners opted to save and preserve a few pieces like the child’s full garment and a long servant’s dress. Both are hung in the corner down below the staircase and hold great historic significance to the property.
Following our time spent in the room next door, we were drawn here with knocks, phantom footsteps, and whispering. We gathered around the table and spread out in the remaining chairs in hopes of seeming more open and not as imposing as we must have been in the first area. During our time here, we mainly utilized the Spirit Box and other light-up techniques. The only activity we got through the lights was a few moments where a sole flashlight lit and then shut back off. The knocks and footsteps continued when we were here but this time above us on the first floor. The most intriguing moment occurred when one of our guests, Glenn, was tapped on the shoulder; not just once, but twice. This was so predominant he thought someone in the group touched him. To complete our time here, we captured a, “Coo,” sound as if there was a person who was mimicking a bird noise to either gain attention or scare us away.
- There was nothing to note in our still photos here.
Recording 1 – EVP:
- There was no communication here but more footsteps were heard at 0:19 and 0:34.
- Another knocking noise was heard at 2:44 after some silence.
Recording 2 – EVP:
- We simply asked for them to give us a sign, once again, if they were with us; anything at all. At 0:18 another knock was captured.
- After reiterating this request, two knocks were then heard at 1:42.
Recording 3 – EVP:
- Once another knock was heard at 0:13, we asked them to let us know if there’s anyone else in this room willing to communicate to which we heard another knock at 0:34.
- During this time, we felt as though someone was hesitant or being held back and prevented from speaking. At 1:20, the flashlight turned on then clicked off quickly as if they were trying to communicate but could not verbally.
Recording 4 – EVP:
- At 0:04 the flashlight turned on then off at 0:28, after we asked them to turn the light off, it shut back off.
Recording 5 – EVP:
- Odd noises began to pick up here starting with a loud thud from above us at 0:07.
- A pair of knocks were heard at 0:41 and 0:59 just as a few of us began to feel an overwhelming dizzying sensation.
- On the far side of the room, near the former pens and the existing baby dolls, Glenn was tapped on the shoulder nearest the outside wall at 1:11.
- Footsteps began to increase upstairs at 1:48 just as a few of us headed up to investigate.
Recording 6 – EVP:
- A very soft, “Coo,” was heard here at 0:06. It’s unknown what this could have been but as we were reviewing this, the sound was not heard if just listening out in the open but as soon as we put our headphones on, it was clearly heard.
This area seems to hold a level of mystique to it due to a combination of its location, its usage over time, and the particular grisly past that ties into it. Originally, this plot of land behind the bed and breakfast held a makeshift shed which was used as storage for the farm and lands – at least that was its initial usage. Following the Civil War, the Stewarts began to foster children. With this, they also hired a headmistress. Unfortunately, this woman was cruel to these children. They were abused, severely for minimal offenses, and saw such treatment as waterboarding and beatings but none surpassed the evil-doings that brought her to local infamy. According to both documented and verbal histories, one of the foster children escapes the mistress only to be returned to her. For punishment, she nailed the young boy’s ear to the shed’s floorboard and left him out in the elements. It’s unknown if she intended to kill him or not, he did pass away due to starvation. She was brought to court but bought her way out of the system and was released. This infuriated the townspeople who knew of her evil deeds. Even though they formed a slight mob, she escaped and her whereabouts were unknown. The locals hung a makeshift doll that looked much like the mistress and hung it from the church’s tree.
On our second night, especially from the stories told about this area, we decided to start in the area we felt may experience the most energy and require the most in return. Our intuition was confirmed after spending some time in this area, gathering names, intelligent conversation, and even some distracting noises and movements. The more we recorded and the more information we gathered, the more we seemingly received a push back. On top of this, the energy experienced out here drove a stake through our group. Effectively separating us with noises and lights from the distance, which led to our sensitives getting overwhelmed and driven out of the area. Our evidence included a high level of verbal communication which our Spirit Box helped provide and others which our sensitives helped us decipher.
- Our photos did provide us with a shadow of a figure back by the rear sheds as the group was split after hearing a noise in that direction.
Recording 1 – EVP:
- We began with not a lot of activity; silence was predominant for the first little bit of time spent here until the Ovilus produced “Joe” and “Unholy” at 0:04.
- Even though we did not hear it at the moment, the sound of what we can only assume, according to the horrific story of this location, is the pounding of a hammer repeated numerously here: 0:20, 0:24, 0:40, 0:45, 0:48, and 1:00. Every grouping sounded like they came in sets of three.
Recording 2 – EVP:
- That eerie hammering noise was once again captured here at 0:10, 0:18, 0:52, and 1:00. Once again, they seemed to be heard in three’s.
- At this point, as we began playing these back, multiples of us felt headaches coming on, an overwhelming sensation as if we were being told to run, and a disorientation.
Recording 3 – Spirit Box:
- Just prior to this recording, the group heard the crying of a child, the feeling of an onsetting crowd, and a name that began with the letter L and also had an R in it. The leading name which was felt was Loraine, but there was nothing to substantiate this claim.
- As we began the Spirit Box, we joked and said that this might be a sound they’re used to but heard a response of “No” at 0:11.
- Once we began discussing the energy shift and it suddenly felt negative and heavy, “You,” was recorded at 0:18.
- The hammering noise was again heard at 0:22.
Recording 4 – Spirit Box:
- We asked why these evil doings occurred here, and heard a response of, “Anger,” at 0:03 following the sounds of a shrill scream from the distance at 0:35.
- A question of, “Tense?” was heard at 0:50 then Dan’s name at 1:00.
- As if they were making their way around the Gazebo, Emma’s name was the next to be heard at 1:36.
- Possibly a continuation, even trying to convince Emma to, “Tell them,” at 1:48.
Recording 5 – Spirit Box:
- With the energy seemingly perpetually changing, we recorded a command of, “Leave here,” at 0:03 then, as if pinpointing who should leave, we captured, “Dan,” at 0:10.
- As we could be heard reacting to this, the K2 meter spiked at 0:35.
- We mentioned that we can tell that they’re here, and at 0:49, “Need him,” was heard.
- An ominous word of, “Dead,” was heard at 1:36 followed by an unnerving following word combination of “Kid” at 1:43.
Recording 6 – Spirit Box:
- One of our group could be heard explaining that they just want their story to be heard, and we recorded, as if in confirmation, “Me,” at 0:14.
- Sensing some hesitation and hostility, we explained that they don’t have to be afraid and that they’re safe with us to which we heard, “Really?” at 1:01.
- Seemingly calming them with that comment, a gentle, “Thank you” was recorded at 1:08.
Recording 7 – Spirit Box:
- There was a space of calming silence until we began to feel a tension rise once more and felt as if someone was accused. As we expressed this aloud, we recorded, “Not really,” at 0:07.
- As we thanked them for speaking with us but pleaded for more open communication, there was a tragic response of, “Pain,” at 0:52.
- We attempted to build on this, perhaps we should have headed a different direction, and we asked if they could tell us what happened to them out here but the gut wrenching response of, “Nailed,” could be heard at 1:44.
- A name of, “Roy” or a slur, “Roland” was then captured at 2:19.
- Some of the sensitives began to explain the same feelings as if a crowd of people were all saying the same thing to which we heard, “Which was?” at 2:26, but they could not answer that question as it was all blended together.
Recording 8 – Spirit Box:
- We asked them to explain how they felt back here and heard, “Fear” at 0:49.
- A strange noise was heard from over the hill at about 1:10 followed by Dan’s name repeated at 1:29.
- After we thanked them for talking to us, we were reciprocated with a, “Thank you,” at 1:36.
Recording 9 – Spirit Box:
- Emma’s name was heard here twice, at 0:05 then again at 0:12.
- Another shrill scream was captured at 0:52.
Recording 10 – Spirit Box:
- Immediately we were told to, “Go,” at 0:04.
- We explained that they didn’t need to look any further and captured, “Boy,” at 0:11.
- At about 0:57, we heard someone beg, “Please,” after we told them we’d protect them.
- After some silence, we were told to, “Leave,” at 1:43.
Recording 11 – Spirit Box:
- As if making their way back around in the Gazebo, we heard our group’s names being called out. “Dan,” at 0:06, “Cindy,” at 0:14, and “Janine,” at 0:18.
Recording 12 – Spirit Box:
- We discussed the tragic events that occurred here and told them that the mistress did not protect them and we heard this almost sarcastically repeated to us with the question of, “Protected?” at 0:14 followed by the completion of this thought at 0:22 with, “She didn’t.”
- After we attempted further communication asking why those events occurred, we received no responses until there was another sound behind the barn at 1:18 as if trying to pull us out of the Gazebo.
Recording 13 – Spirit Box:
- A small group of us began to move toward the noise as it was heard again at 0:06.
- This was followed up by a cry for, “Help,” at 0:15.
- As if someone else was attempting to control or hide this spirit, we heard a warning of, “Go back,” at 1:41.
- Another plea for, “Help,” was then heard at 1:41.
Recording 14 – Spirit Box:
- As we felt a drastic change of negative energy and a severe heaviness, our sensitives began getting overwhelmed so we expressed that we need to stop. As if these energies did not want us to do so we heard, “No,” at 0:08.
- The loud noise echoed from behind the shed at 0:09.
- A demand of, “Stop,” was heard at 0:15 as the group ventured over the hillside.
- Shouts of, “Go,” were recorded twice at 0:55 and 1:02 as if wanting the group in the Gazebo to stop the group heading over the hill.
- As the energies grew too intense we began to close out and exclaimed that they do not have permission to harm us but at 1:26 we heard laughter.
Video 1 – Stationary:
- After quite a bit of silence, the Ovilus finally gave us, “Joe,” and, “Unholy,” at 4:56.
- We did not hear it at the moment, we heard the pounding of a hammer repeated here: 5:12, 5:16, 5:32, 5:37, 5:40, 5:52, 7:32, 7:40, 8:14, 8:18, and finally 8:22. Each sound appeared in threes.
Video 2 – Stationary:
- At 1:58, “Screw,” and, “Date,” were produced on the Ovilus.
Video 3 – Stationary:
- As we began the Spirit Box, we joked and said that this might be a sound they’re used to but heard, “No,” at 0:21.
- Once we began discussing the energy shift and it suddenly felt negative and heavy, “You,” was recorded at 0:28.
- The hammering noise was heard at 0:32.
- We asked them why these evil doings occurred here, and heard a response of, “Anger,” at 1:08 following the sounds of a shrill scream from the distance at 1:11.
- A question of, “Tense?” was heard at 1:55 then Dan’s name at 2:05.
- As if they were making their way around the Gazebo, Emma’s name was heard at 2:41.
- Possibly a continuation, even trying to convince Emma to, “Tell them,” at 2:53.
- With the energy changing, we recorded a command of, “Leave here,” at 3:28 then we captured “Dan” at 3:35.
- The K2 meter spiked at 4:00.
- We mentioned that we can tell that they’re here, and at 4:14, “Need him,” was heard.
- “Dead,” was heard at 5:01 followed by a, “Kid,” at 5:08.
- We could be heard explaining that they just want their story to be heard, and we recorded, as if in confirmation, “Me,” at 6:34.
- We explained that they don’t have to be afraid and that they’re safe with us to which we heard, “Really?” at 7:21.
- “Thank you,” was recorded at 7:28.
- There was a space of silence until we felt a tension rise and felt as if someone was accused. As we expressed this, we recorded, “Not really,” at 9:02.
- We thanked them for speaking with us but asked for more, and we heard a tragic response of, “Pain,” at 9:47.
Video 4 – Stationary:
- We asked if they could tell us what happened to them here and the response of, “Nailed,” could be heard at 0:48.
- A name of, “Roy,” or a slur, “Roland,” was then captured at 1:23.
- The sensitives began to explain feelings as if a crowd of people were all saying the same thing to which we heard, “Which was?” at 1:30, but they could not answer that question as it was all blended together.
- We asked them to explain how they felt here and heard, “Fear,” at 3:03.
- A noise was heard from over the hill at 3:24 followed by Dan’s name at 3:43.
- We thanked them for talking to us and were reciprocated with a, “Thank you,” at 3:50.
- Emma’s name was heard here twice, at 4:29 then again at 4:36.
- Another shrill scream was captured at 5:16.
- We were then told to, “Go,” at 6:03.
- We explained they didn’t need to look any further and captured, “Boy,” at 6:10.
- At about 6:56, we heard someone beg, “Please,” after we told them we’d protect them.
- After some silence, we were told to, “Leave,” at 7:42.
Video 5 – Stationary:
- We heard our group’s names being called out. “Dan,” at 0:03, “Cindy,” at 0:11, and “Janine,” at 0:15.
- We discussed the events that occurred here and told them that the mistress did not protect them and we heard this repeated to us with the question of, “Protected?” at 1:36 followed by the completion of this thought at 1:44 with, “She didn’t.”
- We attempted further communication asking why those events occurred and received no responses until there was another sound behind the barn at 2:40 pulling us apart.
- A small group of us began to move toward the noise as it was heard again at 3:08.
- This was followed up by a cry for, “Help,” at 3:17.
- As if someone else was attempting to control or hide this spirit, we heard, “Go back,” at 4:43 then another plea for, “Help,” at 4:50.
- As we felt a change of energy and a heaviness, our sensitives got overwhelmed so we said we need to stop. As if these energies did not want us to, we heard, “No,” at 5:30.
- The loud noise echoed from behind the shed at 5:31.
- A demand of, “Stop,” was heard at 5:37 as the group ventured over the hillside.
- Shouts of, “Go,” were recorded at 6:17 and 6:24 as if wanting the group in the Gazebo to stop the group heading over the hill.
- As the energies grew too intense we began to close out and exclaimed that they do not have permission to harm us but at 6:48 we heard laughter..
Hallway – 2nd Floor
Following some discussion of the Gazebo events and attempts to put everything in perspective, we needed a change of energy. There are three bedrooms situated down the hall as well as a full shared bathroom. Each bedroom has a unique tie to the history of the location. Up on this second floor, a combination of paranormal events has been reported in the past including strange lights, heavy footsteps, and even shadows moving about the area. It’s long since been rumored that this may be the former Mrs. Stewart or possibly Mary watching over this beautifully restored historic building.
We had set up cameras earlier in the day to simply run but had no anomalies to show for it. As we scattered about the area and attempted some form of communication, we did record some strange noises, like footsteps and creaks, below us as if we were once again being pulled away either due to the sheer amount of people we had in one location or the spirits had just no interest in speaking with us. We ultimately moved on without much communication but we did return the stationary camera here overnight and it in fact provided us with some strange light movements as well as a door closing on its own!
- We have attached a screen capture of two different moments we caught a light anomaly moving down the hallway.
- Another clip that we took a screenshot of was the moment the door closed on its own.
Recording 1 – EVP:
- The majority of the captures from this location are noises such as footsteps which were heard coming from downstairs at :03.
Recording 2 – EVP:
- Footsteps occurred again, at :04 and another odd noise echoing from the same area at :45.
Recording 3 – EVP:
- That strange noise came from downstairs again at :04.
Video 1-2 – Stationary:
- These videos only picked up after we heard noises downstairs and eventually made our way down there. There is nothing else captured here out of the paranormal so we did not attach either video but they can be seen on our YouTube page.
Video 3-4 – Trail Camera:
- There was nothing out of the ordinary here, again you can see these at our YouTube page.
Video 5 – Trail Camera:
- There was an odd light anomaly that was seen moving across the hall at :03.
Video 6 – Trail Camera:
- Nothing was seen here, this clip can be seen on our YouTube page.
Video 7 – Trail Camera:
- A light oddity could be spotted moving down the hallway at about :10.
Video 8 – Trail Camera:
- We could not see anything in this clip.
Video 9 – Trail Camera:
- At :04, a light was once again seen here.
Video 10 – Trail Camera:
- Another light was captured here in the hallway at :04.
Video 11 – Trail Camera:
- There was a light witnessed in this clip at :07.
Video 12 – Trail Camera:
- In this clip, we were able to verify that no one was in this area at this time and aside from the lights moving down the hallway then toward the door at :01 then :04, a door was captured closing at :05 then opening and closing once more at :08.
In the front corner of the building, one of the original areas to the very first iteration, this room has been decorated with an old world feel reminiscent of a female parlor or sitting room. Local artist renditions of the property are hung about as well as the original owners’ photos. The far corner of the room houses an old piano and a combination of old and historic artifacts from the building but in the center of the room, a large wooden table was draped in white cloth and a classic appearing tea set. Not much has been recorded or even talked about here from a paranormal aspect, although there has been a photograph taken of a black silhouette standing stoic.
Unknown exactly why at the time, we were somehow drawn to this area. During our time here we truly believe we encountered the welcoming and jokingly positive spirit of Bea’s late husband, David. While we accomplished this with the ESTES Method, we also recorded the Spirit Box side of recording. Some of the particular communication we heard quite clearly was David’s name repeated numerous times and phrases that tied the two of them together including the day they met and the owl which appeared at David’s funeral. Still not known to us but very intriguing were the comments of an odd “Blue Box” followed by a clear “Tell her” as if nudging us to tell Bea that he was watching over her and to possibly look for this blue box. Our energy had taken a full turn in such a positive and light hearted direction that the majority of the group wanted to end the evening on such a high note, and thanks to David’s caring attitude and his apparent love for Bea, we certainly were happy to do so.
- There was nothing captured here from our evening but we did attach a former picture of a dark silhouette standing here, which we marked up in hopes of pointing out this and two other entities on the second floor.
Recording 1 – Spirit Box & ESTES Method, Combined:
- We were able to combine two sound clips in these following recordings. We overlapped the Spirit Box side of recording with what the group heard during the headphone ESTES Method.
- The first communication here was heard at :04 with “Us” followed by “Apple” at :17.
- At :52, the K2 meter was alerted just as the word “Christmas” was recorded.
- Finally, a welcoming of “Hi” was heard at 1:11.
- We asked if they could tell us their name and we heard, quite excited to tell us, the name “David” told to us not just once but four times here: 1:38, 1:40, 1:43, and 1:59.
Recording 2 – Spirit Box & ESTES Method, Combined:
- We explained that he has a beautiful home and thanked him for letting us see it to which we were once again welcomed at :20 with “Hi.”
- After we introduced ourselves, we recorded another greeting of “Hello” at 1:43.
Recording 3 – Spirit Box & ESTES Method, Combined:
- As we began to open up and expand on some questions utilizing this combined method, we captured “East” at :02 and, as if continuing this statement or thought, “He’s from” was heard at :07.
- After asking if there’s anything he wanted to do before he passed, we heard an answer of “Barn” at :25 and another phrase of “If you want” at :32 as if he did not want to be pushy.
- Sue spoke, and being the only returning guest in the group, we heard “Welcome back” directed toward her at :42 and very odd, “Brick” at :49.
Recording 4 – Spirit Box & ESTES Method, Combined:
- After explaining that his wife is very strong, we heard him agreeing with “Very” at :15.
- We explained that Bea misses him and captured “Maybe” at :21.
- “Dad” was recorded at 1:01 after telling him that Bea would love to hear from him.
- So we followed that comment by asking if his dad was with him and heard “Already” at 1:33 and “Doubt” at 1:33.
- We were then commanded to “Go” and “Now” at 2:12 and 2:14 as if anxious for us to tell Bea that David is with her here.
Recording 5 – Spirit Box & ESTES Method, Combined:
- “Owl” was recorded at :03 and :08 as if referencing David’s appearance at his own funeral to show Bea that he was with her.
- We discussed the story Bea told about her husband visiting her as a Snow Owl and heard “Not quite” at 1:01 as if that wasn’t the correct explanation.
- Another welcome of “Hello” was then heard at 1:07.
Recording 6 – Spirit Box & ESTES Method, Combined:
- Right off the bat we heard “You’re the” at 0:01 followed by the word “One” at :02.
- As we started to discuss what we heard, the cry of “Wait” was recorded at :09 as if trying to get our attention back.
- There were then two more greetings of “Hello” at :27 and :33.
- The word “Forever” was captured at 1:08 followed by “Seven” at 1:14 and “Early” at 1:20 as if referring to when he and Bea met.
- “Great” was recorded at 1:41 and David’s name was again heard at 1:47.
- As if circling back to their first meeting, we captured “May” at 1:53 and “Today” at 2:01.
Recording 7 – Spirit Box & ESTES Method, Combined:
- After asking David if Bea should keep this place or sell it, we intriguingly captured answers of “Want” at :19 and “Keep house” at :22.
- At first we thought we heard the color “Purple” but after reviewing, it sounded more like “Urgent” at :42.
- We repeated our question asking David if he wants Bea to keep this place or sell it and heard “Make” at 1:10 and a full phrase of “Like we always wanted” at 1:23 as if telling Bea to follow their dreams and do what they wanted to, i.e. travel.
- At 1:56, we captured “We do,” seemingly unprompted.
Recording 8 – Spirit Box & ESTES Method, Combined:
- The number “Six” was recorded at :05 as if referencing the number of people inside the room at the time.
- “Eagle” was then captured at :51 then “Weekend” at 1:16. Neither word meant too much to us.
- We then explained that they don’t need to be shy and heard a male voice say “I know” at 1:38.
Recording 9 – Spirit Box & ESTES Method, Combined:
- The phrase “Hold me” and the word “Faster” were captured at :03 and :09.
Recording 10 – Spirit Box & ESTES Method, Combined:
- At :04, we heard “David” then “Handsome” followed by a chuckle at :50.
- As if David was reaching out to and for Bea, we captured “Tell her” at 1:13, “Said hi” at 1:16, and “My lady” at 1:26.
- He seemingly continued communicating to Bea at 1:40 with “It’s okay” and “Stop crying” at 1:58 just as Janine was overwhelmed with emotion and began to cry.
Recording 11 – Spirit Box & ESTES Method, Combined:
- As we expressed our sympathy and compassion we heard a heartfelt “Thank you” at :03.
- An affirming confidence seemingly meant for Bea was recorded at :08 with “Be strong.”
- Comforting Bea specifically we heard “Here” at :33.
Recording 12 – Spirit Box & ESTES Method, Combined:
- Following our sensitives relaying some of this information, we heard compliments of “Impressed” at :01 and “Good job” at :13.
- “Sunshine” as the K2 meter lit was captured at :33.
- Once more, as if directing toward Bea, we heard “Heart” at 1:11 and “Full” at 1:15.
Recording 13 – Spirit Box & ESTES Method, Combined:
- We tried to see if we could get David to give us any more messages and heard “Children” at :05 and a phrase of “Tell them” at :10.
- This phrase “Tell them” was repeated at :30 and our sensitives felt like the word Barn was being shown to them but this was not confirmed in the Spirit Box.
- “Golden” was heard at :45 as if this is what David wanted Bea to tell the children.
Recording 14 – Spirit Box & ESTES Method, Combined:
- Once again we reiterate the question asking what we are telling Bea and heard “Blue box” at :04.
- Turning once more toward giving Bea some type of communication we heard “It’s okay” at :26 followed by “I love you” at :49.
- “Love” was seemingly repeated at 1:17.
Recording 15 – Spirit Box & ESTES Method, Combined:
- Right away, “Bea” was heard at :01.
- We asked if David had anything else to say and captured “I think I did” at :18.
- “Okay” was heard first at :44 then added on by “Be okay” at :47.
- A comforting claim of “Has me” was then recorded at :50.
- As our group deviated from the conversation and began joking, we heard an exasperated voice state “Alright” at 1:01 paired up with “Stop it” at 1:07.
- A deep laugh was then captured at 1:15.
Recording 16 – Spirit Box & ESTES Method, Combined:
- Immediately, we captured “I…rush in” at :04 followed by “Walk” recorded and repeated at :19 and :23.
- Another verbal communication to Bea was then two phrases starting at :27 with “Meet you” then continued with “Pretty girl” at :44.
Recording 17 – Spirit Box & ESTES Method, Combined:
- A claim of “Tell her” began at :13 then continued with “Owl.”
- As if finishing up our communication, we recorded “That’s it” at :36.
- We thanked David and explained that we’re finishing up to which we heard “Stay” at :42 even though we were all drained at that point.
Video 1 – Stationary:
- Unlike the recordings, our videos only have recorded what is heard out loud, not through the Spirit Box. Using the ESTES Method, the group was communicating and only one of us had the noise dampening headphones on listening intently to the Spirit Box.
- At :16, the K2 meter was alerted just as the word “Christmas” was recorded at :19.
- A greeting of “Hi” was heard at :37 and after we asked if they could tell us their name we heard “David” told to us not just once but four times here: 1:04, 1:06, 1:09, and 1:25.
- At 1:36 and 1:42 we were seemingly “Shushed.”
- We explained that he has a beautiful home and thanked him for letting us see it and we were once again welcomed at 2:11 with “Hi.”
- After we introduced ourselves, we recorded another greeting of “Hello” at 2:42.
- We once again heard “Shh” at 2:49.
- We began to expand on some questions utilizing this method, we captured “East” at 2:58 and “He’s from” was heard at 2:58.
- We asked if there’s anything he wanted to do before he passed and heard an answer of “Barn” at 3:23 and a phrase of “If you want” at 3:28 as if he did not want to be pushy.
- Sue spoke, and being the only returning guest, we heard “Welcome back” directed toward her at 3:39 and “Brick” at 3:46.
- After explaining that his wife is very strong, we heard “Very” at 4:31.
- We explained that Bea missed him and captured “Maybe” at 4:37.
- “Dad” was recorded at 5:18 after telling him that Bea would love to hear from him.
- We followed by asking if his dad was with him and heard “Already” at 5:51 and “Doubt” at 6:05.
- We were then commanded to “Go” and “Now” at 6:28 and 6:30 as if anxious for us to tell Bea that David is with her here.
- “Owl” was recorded at 6:50 and 6:55 as if referencing David’s appearance at his own funeral to show Bea that he was with her.
- We discussed the story Bea told about her husband visiting her as a Snow Owl and heard “Not quite” at 7:38 as if that wasn’t correct.
- Another welcome of “Hello” was then heard at 7:43.
- We thanked David for letting us know he was with Bea, and at 8:04, our sensitive heard “Okay” even though this was not heard through the Spirit Box recording.
- We heard “You’re the” at 8:09 followed by the word “One” at 8:10.
- As we started to discuss what we heard, the cry of “Wait” was recorded at 8:16 as if trying to get our attention.
- Our sensitive picked up on a light giggling around 8:21.
- There were then two more greetings of “Hello” at 8:30 and 8:36.
- As we were laughing, our sensitive heard another “Shh” at 8:39.
- The word “Forever” was captured at 9:07 followed by “Seven” at 9:11 and “Early” at 9:16 as if referring to when he and Bea met.
- “Great” was recorded at 9:38 and David’s name was again heard at 9:44.
Video 2 – Stationary:
- As if circling back to their first meeting, we captured “May” at :02 and “Today” at :06.
- After asking David if Bea should keep this place or sell it, we intriguingly captured answers of “Want” at :37 and “Keep house” at :39.
- Another loud scream was felt by our sensitive at :47.
- At first we thought we heard the color “Purple” but after reviewing, it sounded more like “Urgent” at :53.
- We repeated our question asking David if he wants Bea to keep this place or sell it and heard “Make” at 1:20 and a full phrase of “Like we always wanted” at 1:35 as if telling Bea to follow their dreams and do what they wanted to, i.e. travel.
- At 2:07, we captured “We do,” seemingly unprompted.
- The number “Six” was recorded at 2:28 as if referencing the number of people inside the room at the time and our sensitive felt as though someone were being kicked or someone was kicking at 2:52.
- “Eagle” was captured at 3:13 then “Weekend” at 3:37. Neither word meant too much to us so we then explained that they don’t need to be shy and heard a “I know” at 3:59.
- A confusing moment felt by our sensitive was that of “Rampart” at 4:32 but she was corrected at 4:48 with another feeling that she was being told “Correction, Rupert.”
- The phrase “Hold me” and the word “Faster” were captured at 5:11 and 5:14.
- Our sensitive felt two additional comments here: “Tell her I’m here” at 5:48 and “Love bug” at 5:59.
- At 6:24, we heard “David,” then our sensitive felt the nickname of “Sweat Bea” at 6:44.
- “Handsome” was heard at 7:10 followed by a response felt by our sensitive of “Almost” to our question of did David call Bea Sweet Tea or Sweet Bea?
- Our sensitive then felt the feeling of “Come back” around 7:29.
- As if David was reaching out to Bea, we captured “Tell her” at 7:44, “Said hi” at 7:47, and “My lady” at 7:57.
- He continued communicating to Bea at 8:06 with “It’s okay” and “Stop crying” at 8:23 just as Janine was overwhelmed with emotion and began to cry.
- Our sensitive then felt two more phrases of “It’s okay” at 8:30 and “Love bug” at 8:34.
- The K2 meter was alerted at 8:36 just as we expressed our sympathy and compassion we heard a heartfelt “Thank you” at 8:40.
- They received another feeling of “Stand up” at 8:41.
- An affirming confidence meant for Bea was recorded at 8:43 with “Be strong.”
- Our sensitive then felt the nickname of “Angel eyes” come to her at 8:59.
- Comforting Bea specifically we heard “Here” at 9:10 followed by our sensitive picking up on two more feelings; the first a hug at 9:35 and a second of a male kissing a female’s hand at 9:40.
Video 3 – Stationary:
- Following our sensitives relaying some of this information, we heard compliments of “Impressed” at :21 and “Good job” at :33.
- Our sensitive was then bombarded with sensations of “Sunshine” at :41, the song “Sunshine on a Cloudy Day” at :44, the feeling of being forced to stop singing at :59, a comforting voice saying “It’s okay, it’s okay” at 1:07, and a very warm sensation at 1:25.
- As if directing toward Bea, we heard “Heart” at 1:31 and “Full” at 1:36.
- Once again our sensitive felt the song of “Sunshine on a Cloudy Day” overcome her at 1:43.
- We tried to see if we could get David to give us any more messages and heard “Children” at 1:46 and a phrase of “Tell them” at 2:02.
- “Barn” was felt by our sensitive around 2:08 just as the phrase “Tell them” was repeated at 2:19 and our sensitive felt like the word Barn was being shown to them again.
- “Golden” was heard at 2:35 as if this is what David wanted Bea to tell the children.
- Our sensitive then felt a sensation of “Blowing kisses” at 2:37 and the feeling of “Water” at 3:27.
- A slew of other conversations came across to our sensitive at that point starting with a full phrase of some laughter followed by “You think it’s water” and then even more laughter all around 3:34.
- She then felt as though there was something “In the barn” at 3:59 but then a second guessing phrase of “Don’t tell her” at 4:23.
- As if finally changing their mind again, our sensitive then felt a thought of “Eh, go ahead, tell her” at 4:26.
- We reiterated the question asking what we are telling Bea and heard “Blue box” at 4:38.
- Our sensitive then felt a sensation telling her that Bea will giggle at 4:47.
- Turning once more toward giving Bea some type of communication we heard “It’s okay” at 5:02 followed by “I love you” at 5:23.
- “Love” was repeated at 5:49 then, after we suggested we wrap it up, our sensitive felt “I don’t think so” at 6:06 preventing us from leaving.
- Our sensitive then felt “Fishing” at 6:37 followed by the full phrase of “She thinks I’m fishing” at 6:49.
- “Bea” was heard at 6:59.
- We asked if David had anything else to say and captured “I think I did” at 7:17.
- After we explained that we’d tell Bea everything, our sensitive felt a plea of “Tell her” once again at 7:29 followed by “Love bug” at 7:32.
- “Okay” was heard first at 7:41 then added on by “Be okay” at 7:47.
- A claim of “Has me” was then recorded at 7:50.
- As our group deviated from the conversation and began joking, we heard an exasperated voice say “Alright” at 8:02 paired up with “Stop it” at 8:07. Our sensitive then felt a saying of “Be nice” at 8:10.
- A deep laugh was heard at 8:13 followed by our sensitive’s feelings of “He rushes in” at 8:30.
- Immediately following, we captured “I…rush in” at 8:38 followed by “Walk” recorded and repeated at 8:54 and 8:58.
- Another verbal communication to Bea was then two phrases starting at 9:01 with “Meet you” then continued with “Pretty girl” at 9:17.
- Our sensitive continued to feel more coming through even though we did not hear it in the Spirit Box with “She’s a champ” at 9:33 and “White owl” again at 9:48.
Video 4 – Stationary:
- Our sensitive again felt the phrase “White owl” at :04.
- A claim of “Tell her” began at :10 then continued with “Owl.”
- As if finishing up our communication, we recorded “That’s it” at :36.
- We thanked David and explained that we’re finishing up to which we heard “Stay” at :43 even though we were all drained at that point.
After a dive into our analysis, some further research on the property, and a full review of both our evidence and personal experiences we recorded during our paranormal investigation of this undisclosed bed and breakfast we have been able to determine that we encountered and documented a high amount of energy which ultimately culminated in paranormal activity. This activity has been captured in physical form as well as verbal articulations. Based on this information, we have been able to deduce that these communications and interactions are a unique combination of intelligent and residual paranormal activity. As we ventured all throughout the building and its property, we feel that we recorded enough relevant evidence and experiences with our tools and devices including photographs, videos, and recordings that helped us come to this conclusion of the property here just south of the National Battlefield in Gettysburg, PA being a home to paranormal elements and an overwhelming sense of energy.
The main source of history to this location is mainly verbal and passed down, but written documentation of land ownership and photographic evidence of the building’s state once the Waybrights took ownership and their hard efforts are all displayed inside the bed and breakfast. There is, however, limited to no documentation of the former mistress and her misdeeds aside from a short newspaper clipping which does not even reference her real name. The day to day lifestyles of the former families and their more personal reflections have seemingly been lost to the sands of time, which is where we had hoped to pick up some of the pieces. To our dismay, we were able to make some sense of the bits and pieces of information and communication and even put them into a reasonable and comprehensive order which aligned to the questions we asked revealing information on who they were and why they were there.
With the limited number of families that have lived in this homestead, they have all left an intense amount of energy behind as they lived and experienced all aspects of their lives here. This even ties into the energy that seems to exude from the old clothing articles that were found in the walls during construction. Combine this with the tragic and disturbing past of the former mistress and even the Civil War, there has been quite the variety of types of energies, not only between paranormal types residual and intelligent but also the overall feel as in positive or negative.
All throughout the building and sprawled across the property, there is definitely a change in energies from one area to the next and this was felt even during our walkthroughs. The changes were significantly felt moving into the Basement, out in the backyard near the Gazebo, and up front in the Tea Room. During different times of the investigation, even over the course of multiple days, these energies changed and even led to different types of communication varying from a certain level of anxiety and warming up to us all the way to an openness to speak with us directly with no hesitation. On the flip side, some of these areas only produced certain sounds or lights turning activating as a way of communication just not verbally. We produced a few names throughout the night but none was more predominant than David. The noises and sounds stretched from simple footsteps or knocks to more disturbing moments where there were screams and whispers. In the Basement, one of our group was physically touched and outside in the Gazebo the energy was just simply overwhelming. These moments were almost all recorded on recording devices, photographs, and even on video. The videos provided us a chance to see some dark moving shadows that we would have otherwise never been able to see as well as showed us some light anomalies moving through both the Basement and the Upstairs hallway. One of the more intriguing still photographs was that of our guest, Emma. She was just snapping some pictures of the house but upon a closer inspection, there was a clear face peering out the Dining Room window. Aside from video stills in which we caught some shadows and lights, this picture was perhaps the best visualization we captured here.
Our gathered information, shared experiences, and evidence provided, pointed us toward our decision of this undisclosed bed and breakfast in Gettysburg, PA to be an eternal home to some energies while it simply draws others to it as if creating a temporary stay for those in the after life as well. After a thorough review of all of our evidence, further research into the property, and cross referencing both information gathered and documented historic facts we confidently place the claim that this undisclosed bed and breakfast in Gettysburg, PA holds a high amount of energy, both residual and intelligent all of which are mainly positive. There seem to be numerous layers of energy which can be shifted and almost glanced into and experienced in several ways, which have been shown to and experienced by our group of nine. Our true belief is that there is a specific amount of energy spread throughout the building and even that watches over the location and the owner. The current owner and her family hold this place in high regard and have a soft spot in their heart for it which lends itself to a very strong and positive energy here which does allow spiritual communication and even helps them manifest themselves as they are comfortable and seemingly welcomed here.